An RYA course for experienced dinghy sailors (at least RYA LEvel 2 Adult) wishing to learn catamaran sailing and is equivalent to a Basic Skills (Catamaran) / level 2 course . The course follows the syllabus set by the RYA which covers safety, launching, returning and sailing upwind and downwind. A capsize drill is included.
RYA Basic Skills (Cat conversion)
Course and session timing
How to book
- Tacking and gybing a catamaran
- Controlling speed and heeling
- Rapid reaction to overpowering – head up or bear away?
- Leaving and returning to a beach, jetty or mooring
- Coming alongside a moored boat
- Man overboard recovery
- Capsize Recovery
See a course in progress
Please ensure that you read and understand our COVID-19 procedures and the terms and conditions of your course contract with us. Copies of these will be emailed with your course confirmation and are available, laminated, at the beach. You will be asked to sign to confirm that you have read and understood them.