Our own 6-hour course learning how to manage a powerboat. We use a small but powerful 4.7m RIB so you can experience planing as well as learn careful, safe manoeuvering. Perfect for VDWS instructors.
ESS Introduction to powerboating
Course and session timing
How to book
- Safety and management of a powerboat
- Leaving and returning to berths and moorings
- Coming alongside, picking up marks and anchoring.
- Low speed manoeuvres and tying up
- High speed driving (no fast turns)
- Awareness of other water users and basic knowledge of the rules of the road
- Safety, personal buoyancy and weather conditions
Our courses run daily upon request
See a course in progress
Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/ggvslnqg/public_html/garda/wp-content/plugins/dynamicconditions/Public/DynamicConditionsPublic.php on line 198
Please ensure that you read and understand our COVID-19 procedures and the terms and conditions of your course contract with us. Copies of these will be emailed with your course confirmation and are available, laminated, at the beach. You will be asked to sign to confirm that you have read and understood them.